Sunday, November 2, 2008

Still getting the hang of it all

I've always been a pretty big fan of the internet, as well as 'over the internet' shopping. And I used to like to think of myself as an up-to-date on all the internet ongoings kind of person. But, wow! I was sorely mistaken. There's so much out there that I'm just amazed! I've always tried to hunt out the unique and handmade, and never knew it was just a few clicks away. Seriously, it's awesome.

And among all of the little treasures I've discovered, I just created my etsy account tonight. I had to, after I saw AnitaCraftyCreations . I wanted to pretty much buy her whole shop. And I came close to it, as a matter of fact! But I love stuff for baths and so do just about all the other women in my life, so I figured I'd pick up some things to try and things for holiday gifts. I mean, even if they smelled awful, they look so cute, that I wouldn't care. But I seriously doubt that will even be an issue - i think they'll smell very delicious!

I wish I could post more photos of what I've been working on as of late, but I have a love/hate relationship with my camera and so, it's usually a bigger pain for me to take pictures and upload them then I'd like to do battle with. But for now, I'll just say that I'm creating a quilt hopefully for my mom (i hope she'll like it). It's a vision in my mind of water. Particularly a reminder of the beach. Whether it be here, where I live or in the Bahamas, which I've visited twice. So, we'll see how it turns out. I think I have the first row done. Probably only seven more to go! I would be working on it tonight, but I got side tracked by internet shopping.

Anywho, that's about it from me. I'm working on getting myself to update this thing more, because I understand that's the way to get readers. Nobody keeps checking something that hasn't been updated in a month. I have to drill that into my mind. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Thistledew Farm said...

Glad to see you're shopping hand made - there is a lot of wonderful stuff...thanks for blogging about our giveaway - we're doing another one....