Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm hoping this will motivate me

I saw this on Tangles of the Yarn Princess and I thought it looked like fun, so I'm going to give it a shot. I should be working on quilt #3, but I'll do it afterwards. Hopefully I'll get most of the quilt top done today or tomorrow and then I'll take a photo and put it up.

Here goes!


Started your own blog - I have and this is one of two.
Slept under the stars - No.
Played in a band -
Only in elementary school and only for a few months.
Visited Hawaii -
No.
Watched a meteor shower -
Not really. I get too impatient. I won't sit around for too long.
Given more than you can afford to charity -
Yeah, it feels good.
Been to Disneyland/world -
I've been to Disney World something like 7 times.
Climbed a mountain - Does hiking a hill count?

Held a praying mantis - No and I doubt I will. Those things freak me out.
Sang a solo -
Only in the privacy of my own car.
Bungee jumped - No and I doubt I ever will.
Visited Paris -
Not yet, but is pretty high up there on things to do before I get married.
Watched a lightning storm at sea - No, but that does sound like a good time.
Taught yourself an art from scratch -
Yup. Hello quilting!
Adopted a child -
No, but I think I hope to someday.
Had food poisoning -
Not that I'm aware of.
Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty -
No, but I did ride the boat around it.
Seen the Mona Lisa in France -No, but that's a high priority when I do go to France.
Slept on an overnight train -
Yes, it was on the way to Disney World once.
Had a pillow fight -
Definitely. It's a good stress reliever.
Hitchhiked -
Well me and some friends got a ride from a guy one of us knew. I only saw him around school, so I'm sure that this counts.
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill -
Of course!
Built a snow fort - No we never really get that much snow.
Held a lamb - No
Gone skinny dipping - Not yet.
Been to a Broadway show in NY - No but that, too, is a must!
Ran a Marathon - No, but I would definitely like to someday.
Been in three states at once - I'm not even sure where I could accomplish this feat.
Ridden in a gondola in Venice -
No
Seen a total eclipse - No.
Watched a sunrise or sunset - Yes. Matter of fact, I watched the sunrise in the Bahamas last year.
Hit a home run -
Maybe when I was a kid.
Been on a Cruise - Yes, I went with two friends and we had a blast!
Seen Niagara Falls in Person - No.
Visited the birthplace of your Ancestors -No but that does sound like a good idea to do.
Seen an Amish community - Yes, I only live like two hours away from Lancaster.
Taught yourself a new language -
Well, I didn't teach it to myself. It took a good five years of Spanish. I would love to live in Spain for a year to perfect my Spanish, too.
Had enough money to be truly satisfied - Not yet. I'm only 22!
Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person -No but that's a must do.
Gone rock climbing -
Nah, I might pass on that one.
Seen Michelangelo’s David -
No but I need to! It's gorgeous!!!
Sung karaoke - Yes. I sung with my best friend. We did "American Pie" by Don McLean. Longest song ever. We sucked, but it was a good laugh afterwards when our friend showed us the video he had of it on his phone.
Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -
No.
Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - No, but I gather this is something I must try.
Visited Africa - No but I have a good friend who did and it seems I should try to go.
Walked on a beach by moonlight - Yes. I love doing that.
Been transported in an ambulance - No thankfully.
Had your portrait painted -
No. I'm not photogenic or portrait-genic at all.
Gone deep sea fishing - No, but I'd be game for it.
Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - No, but I want to! I don't think I'll believe my eyes.
Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris -
No.
Gone scuba diving or snorkeling -
Yes. A wonderful memory. My best friend used an underwater camera to take a picture of me snorkeling and she framed it for me and I have it right above this desk.
Kissed in the rain - Yes.
Played in the mud - A little.
Been to Grace Kelley’s grave in Monaco - No. Is it bad I can't really picture who Grace Kelley is even though I know I've heard the name before?
Gone to a drive-in -
Yes! I love it!
Been in a movie -
No.
Visited the Great Wall of China - No.
Started a business -
Not yet, but I would love to.
Taken a martial arts class -
No.
Swam in the Mediterranean Sea - No, but is that a must-do?
Visited Russia - No.
Served at a soup kitchen -
No.
Sold Girl Scout cookies -
Yes.
Gone whale watching - Tried to, but apparently they were painting the boat that day.
Gotten flowers for no reason - Yes.
Donated blood, platelets or plasma - No, it's an adventure just to get blood out of me.
Gone sky diving - No, but I have done parasailing.
Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp -
No, but I've been to the Holocaust Museum in DC. One of my favorite museums, they do an excellent job there.
Bounced a check - Not really. It was a paycheck from my employer and her's bounced. She always forgets to put money in the bank.
Saved a favorite childhood toy - Many!
Visited the Lincoln Memorial -
Yes, gorgeous! Whenever I'm in DC, I like to check him out. It's just a great sight.
Eaten Caviar - No, I don't eat seafood.
Pieced a quilt -
Yup!
Stood in Times Square - Yes. I want to go back there.
Toured the Everglades - No.
Been fired from a job - No.
Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - No.
Been on a speeding motorcycle -
Not a speeding one. But I've been on a motorcycle. My dad carried me on one of his when I was a little kid. We went around the backyard LOL.
Seen the Grand Canyon in person -
No.
Published a book -
No, but I have had a piece published in a university magazine.
Visited the Vatican -
No.
Bought a brand new car -
No. Someday.
Walked in Jerusalem -
No, I would love to though. Maybe it'll be remotely safe enough one day.
Had your picture in the newspaper -
Yes.
Read the entire Bible -
No, but I should.
Visited the White House -
Only from the sidewalk. I would like to take a tour.
Killed and prepared my own meat - No.
Had chickenpox - Yes.
Saved someone’s life -
No.
Sat on a jury -
No.
Met someone famous -
Sorta. I met the kids from last Season's American Idol. I met Michael Johns, David Archuleta and some of the girls.
Joined a book club - No, but I would like to. I wish they had ones around here for people my age.
Lost a loved one -
Yes.
Had a baby - No.
Seen the Alamo in person - No.
Swam in the Great Salt Lake -
No.
Been involved in a law suit -
No.
Owned a cell phone - Yes.
Been stung by a bee - Yes.

No comments: