Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who likes cell phone pictures?!

So I must admit, all the other lady bloggers out there amaze me with their fantastically wonderful photo-taking skills. Photography is an art form I love, however, it is an art form that does not love me. I knew I should have taken that photography class last semester!
Anyway, be that as it may, I have attempted to take some photos of my ongoing crafting adventures. However, they were taken on my crappy little cell phone camera, so bare with me, okay? And I really do apologize in advance. I do indeed have a real digital camera, but...I'm lazy and besides, I roasted the batteries for that camera on accident. I had NO idea that it hurts the batteries to recharge them forever. Like, I would let them recharge for weeks. Who knew?!

Anyway, here's photo numero uno:

Above is a picture of the quilt top (the purple parts) I laid down the gold (or what looks like gold in person) next to the quilt, because in my head, I thought it would make a good border. Clearly, it doesn't, so I ended up not using any border and am currently in the middle of quilting it. It's my first free-motion quilting adventure and I've only spent the whole day on it. Ugh.



That beautiful cake above is a cake from scratch that I made for my parents on Valentine's Day. Well, mostly I made it for my mom since she has been on my case for a white cake. Apparently it was very good. I was too busy eating this....:



Which if you recognize this cake, my apologies. I saw it somewhere on a blog and I can't for the life of me figure out on who's blog I saw it. Anyway, it was fantastic! I actually made this cake for me and my best friend for our V-day movie night. We watched 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist' which was really cute. We love Michael Cera. He reminds us of one of our friends, who's currently doing a teaching position in China. So, we decided that we would watch Michael Cera's film so that we felt like we were spending V-Day with our friend.

And these lovely little babies were today's recent additions:

I'm going to be making bibs and baby quilts for the first time, so I stocked up on what I considered cute fabric. The one on the right reminds me of animal crackers. I told my mom that and she said that everything reminds me of food. She's probably right. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what exactly I'll do with bibs and baby quilts, but it's a great idea to have them on hand. I do know at least one person who I'll be giving a baby quilt too, but we're not sure if it's a boy or a girl yet and I have the worst time picking out gender neutral fabric. I end up convincing myself it's leaning one way or the other.

While we're on the subject of babies, I've always pictured doing a nursery in a "Goodnight Moon" theme. I have no idea where in the world I'll ever find fabric or anything to even go with that. I mean, I've likely got almost ten years to work on it, but still. I always go for the challenges.

Anyway, that's all the photos I have for now. I will update with photos of my first free motion quilted quilt when that becomes done!

No comments: