Monday, August 3, 2009

Let's get this started

My, oh my have I been a busy girl. And don't worry, I've got photos to prove it. But, oh, where to start?

Well, it's been a great summer and I've gotten done a few things here and there, along with getting accustomed to my new job. And luckily, I've also gotten a few Christmas gifts, as well. Oh, you wanted photos?!
Did I mention I finally got my new camera? It's awesome. I'll prove it to you. Say hello to this beauty.



Oh, hello, David Cook. You're so, like, up close and personal and stuff. (sorta).

So yeah, I saw Mr. Past-American Idol himself in concert. And I do have much better photos, if you're curious, but...my laptop can't handle all his good looks, so they'll have to wait until I get a request for more photos from someone.

Until then, the good stuff.

This weekend I finished this pillow:





it's a modified version of the pillow on Moda Bake Shop blog. Modified meaning I basically redid all the measurements and and some of the placement, and made it slightly more wonky in the process, but this is the finished product. The brown and reds for the border are from 3 Sisters 'Glace' line. I love that line. Simply beautiful. And this pillow is also from the same line, but notice the complete variation.





Also, I used some more of that 'Glace' for this baby quilt top that I just recently finished. The main fabric shows scenes from Mother Goose Rhymes. I wanted a quilt that would be slightly more appropriate for a baby boy. I think I kinda achieved it. What do you think? At first I didn't care for it much, but it's definitely grown on me and now I like it. I'm looking forward to quilting it, actually and usually, that's my least favorite part.






I have finished a few other odds and ends around here, but unfortunately after my little photo session with the above models, my batteries were running low, so it'll have to wait until I make a stop and pick up some more.

But I am working towards getting Christmas gifts out of the way. I'm working on using the rest of the 'Glace' line for a Christmas quilt...or maybe some aprons. And then I've got an American Jane quilt that I just cannot wait to see how it looks when it's done!!! Super stoked about that. And after that, I'll probably finish up this quilt I've been working on for my brother. And probably a few more pillows, as well. I just need to think of something to make for all the women I work with. I'm thinking some cute tea towels might work. And I've also got a co-worker's bridal shower coming up, as well and I've got an adorable apron in mind for that. I'll try to keep up with photos to let you know how all these plans work out!

Until then!

No comments: