Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Inching right along

I must say that I've been steadily working on some more projects lately and I'm surprising myself with the speed in which I have been completing them. Unfortunately, I don't have a knack for carrying around my camera everywhere, so I don't have photos of them yet to show you, but it's been fun working on them.

See I finished a quilt top that will be made into a Christmas present. I also have a baby quilt pretty much finished. And now I get to work on something for me. It's "Rainy Day Paper Play" by American Jane . I fell in love with it and I was going to order the pattern online, but then I went on vacay down to the beach and found a quilt shop there with the pattern and fabric, so I had to buy it. And I can't wait to see the finished product. I even bought extra fabric so that if it turns out really well I'll make a smaller size quilt, for my Mom-Mom, most likely.

And after that, I promised my brother a quilt, and I have been SLOWLY working on that. But I've really got my eye on this. That might have to be put on hold though, I've got to get an apron done for my co-worker because I'm going to her bridal shower and my boyfriend's sister is having a baby so I'll probably have to finish up the little baby quilt (or not, because it's so adorable I might just keep it for myself for any future offspring i may ever decide to have). Yikes. At this rate, I'm going to be steady sewing until February.

But I must say one of my favorite parts of quilting is the complete hoarding of supplies (namely fabric and patterns). I love having a stash. It makes it all that much better on a rainy day where I don't want to get out of my pjs, but yet want to try a new sewing project.

On a separate note, I'm on the hunt for a vintage chandelier for the house I'm going to rent someday after I finish paying down some bills and find a decent place to move into. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

No comments: