Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The finished product

Wow, I have to apologize for taking so long to update. It's been hectic and I hate my digital camera, but love posts with pictures, so I had to wait until I was in a fighting mood to take on my digital camera. Anyway, I have managed to finish the Sea Quilt. And it's all ready for my mom to open on Christmas morning. Here's some photos:



And there it is, all ready for my Mom to open. I think she'll like it.

I've also made her another apron in a really adorable fabric, but alas, I did not take any pictures on my camera before I boxed it up and wrapped it. I'll have to remember to take pictures on Christmas morning.

Oh, if the Sea Quilt looks a bit...shall we say, crappy? It's because it's only my second quilt and I didn't use a pattern for this one. I just went by what I felt like. I used two main blocks and just switched around the colors and stuff. It really is a large quilt, just a smidge smaller than a full comforter (I laid it out on my bed to check.) I wish I'd used a patterned binding and a patterned backing, but I didn't.

I have to say, it's been a lot of fun making my Christmas gifts this year. They all mean something special to me, so it'll be great to see everyone open them up. Hopefully everyone will like them.

I think I'm still going to try to sew a quick Christmas pillow tonight and perhaps even do a small Christmas quilt. I have some Japanese Christmas fabric that I'm dying to use, so that's my next adventure.

In the New Year, I'm going to contemplate opening an etsy store. I have to find out a lot more about it, but from the outside, it looks like it might be something that would interest me.

Oh, also I stumbled across this little etsy store and if you have some last minute holiday shopping, this is the place. Her stuff is all very reasonably priced and so dern cute! Anyway, it's called PetitGateau.

Alright, well if I don't add to this thing before the holidays, I hope everyone has a delightful holiday and that you get to spend it with the ones you love.

No comments: