Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I've got photos!

Alright, so I have finally taken some photos of all my sewing projects as of late. The first one is the purple quilt that I was working on a long time ago. It's actually been done for a while now, I just kept forgetting to get some photos of it to post and show. So, I headed outside on a dreary day here in Delaware to photograph and to also demonstrate how badly I need a new camera. Or to perhaps work on my photo skills. Could go either way. Anyway, the quilt.






That quilt was actually my first go at machine stippling/quilting. It didn't turn out so well, but at least I picked a thread that matched and therefore, you can't really see all the mistakes very clear even up close. So that was a good idea on my part, for once.

A while back, I also took a shot at making baby bibs. It was fun. If I decide to ever open an etsy shop, I'm sure these will be there. They have terry cloth backing, you know, towel material. I'm so bad with naming fabric material. Anyway, for these, I browsed online, got the general idea and then improvised with the sizing. They're probably too big for a newborn, but I'd say toddlers could wear those. Do toddlers even wear bibs? I don't have any kids and nobody I know does, so I'm lost on the whole baby thing. But i'm in love with that cute tree fabric. I'm going to use it for something else, I just don't know what yet.


This next one has been my baby for the past few days. I actually love the main fabric and didn't quite get to do what I wanted to with this apron, so I'm making another one and I'm hoping the next one isn't so showy, but more beachy. Anyway, here's the half-apron.

If you're wondering, the pocket is a tie pocket and I got the idea from laurasaurus on craftster That's why there's a slight pull - I double knotted it. But if I take out the double knot and stick with a single, there's no pull and it's super cute.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with this apron. I don't want to keep it, but don't really have any celebrations where I could gift it to someone. So, we'll see what happens with this one. That was my first half apron and I really like how it turned out. I'm more of a full-apron kinda girl, but I do like this one.

That's about it for me. Tonight I'm going to purchase an embroidery set to do for my next apron and I also have another half apron I'm working on and a baby quilt. Hopefully it won't take me so long to take some photos this time!

No comments: